Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How slow will 1mbps be for internet usage?

Comcast is totally scr*wing me. I have to say that I hate them (and I don't even allow the word hate in my house!)





My bill has jumped from $70 per month in 2007, to $90 per month in 2008 and my newest bill came to $110 for expanded basic cable (the lowest package they offer $60) and high-speed internet (6mbps for $50 per month). When I called to complain they said I could get "low-speed internet" for $24.95 a month. grrr I may not have a choice budget-wise, but I'm wondering what you all think of that.





Occasionally I download things... but Im never in any hurry for them, I don't stream movies (just an occasional missed episode of Desperate Houswives on ABC.com -but they even let me select a lower speed). We dont do games except for things like webkinz and my son loves Super Mario Bros online games.





When it comes to those games, I dont think there will be much of an effect since the computer the kids are using isn't that great anyway... it says it gets 100mps, but using XP with only 256RAM and a 40G hard drive... there is no way.|||1MBps is really good to use for internet, gaming and all other stuff for one person.





The only problem will be if you need to share with other people because it may slow down the speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment