Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Does anyone out there hate Super Mario (not that I hate him, I'm just asking)?

I really love New Super Mario Bros.(and a ton of the other Mario games) because it's so much fun and I get to play with my brothers, whether we're competing against each other or working together. And we almost never agree on playing any video game together. Playing Super Mario games on our Wii is how we bond, and it keeps up from killing each other in real life. But then it occurred to me a few days ago that when something really popular comes out (may it be a video game, or a book, or a toy, etc.) There's always someone who hates it. So there has to be at least one person out there who doesn't like the Super Mario Bros. video game series. Or maybe just Mario himself. A while ago I read an article online written by this person who hated Mario because he/she thought Mario was perfect. And that he hated animals (goombas, koopa troopas, bloopers, etc). And that he took drugs (power ups). That kinda made me wonder how Mario used all those power ups without having any side effects afterwards. It made me laugh because some of the things he/she said about Mario actually could be true. It really lit up my day :)





So if you're one of those people who hate Super Mario, or any of his video games, please tell me why because I'm really curious on what your opinion is. I wanna know what you think of him. And please give me a specific answer; don't tell me something like, "Because he sucks." I hate getting replies like that, because my question never gets answered :P


Thanx in advance :D|||i dont hate Mario, but rather greatly dislike him. In all honesty, its because of all of the repetition. We see Mario as the monumental figure of video gaming. He is advertised everywhere. They make toys, food, clothes, coffee mugs, and much, much more with Mario. To be frank, Mario is a lot like a mutating Pixar movie. We see Pixar movies for months and months after its long burned onto DVDs, until the film is squeezed dry of its entertainment. Once people have heard enough of the current Mario, Nintendo lets out another variant of the same delightful plumber. The millions-and-growing crowd rages on.



Dont get me wrong, i wouldnt mind playing a game of Mario, so long as I didnt buy the game, itself. I simply want nothing to do with Mario, along with every other over-reputed character that the world seems to never cease losing interest with. Some overflashed titles include:



Halo

CoD

any Pixar movie

most Dreamworks movies (well...just shrek)

Simpsons (though i enjoy it, its EVERYWHERE)

Seth Macfarlane's cartoons

Tomb Raider (though it dwindled in excitement over the years)

and though i already mentioned all Pixar movies, i'll specifically point out "A Bug's Life" and "Toy Story"



....and much, much more|||What could be hated about Mario?? It's the forefather of the gaming universe! The game which bought gamers together!! :D|||I have to say you may have some kind of obsessive problem...you seem completely obsessed about mario...|||I don't think Bowser likes him much.

No comments:

Post a Comment